In Autumn the natural flow of nature is to shed and let go, so to are our bodies.
Both physically and emotionally our bodies will be at its most balanced when we follow the rhythm of nature. Autumn is the time to focus on what we need to let go both physically and emotionally. Autumn is a time of shedding, like leaves being released from a tree. Its time to let go. In Traditional Chinese Medicine the lungs and large intestine are the organ systems related to autumn. The lungs take things into the body and the large intestine lets it go. Sadness and grief is the emotion that congests the lungs and large Intestine, so I invite you to honour any sadness you maybe carrying and allow it be expressed, making room for more love, confidence and joy. I have created life style tips below to support your body and soul in this beautiful season of autumn.
1. Food Selection
- Fruit – figs, apples, passion fruit, pears, plums, grapefruit, grapes.
- Add seaweed to your diet.
- Spirulina, olive leaf extract and barley grass
- Chop up a garlic clove a day and swallow like a capsule to prevent colds.
- Herbs – thyme, sage, fennel, rosemary, bay leaf.
- Vegetables – cabbage, parsnip, potato, spinach, squash, green beans, sweetcorn, leek, onions, garlic, broccoli .
- Think all orange/yellow vegies and all leafy greens as they are immune building foods, perfect for this time of year.
- Oats, quinoa and amaranth, barley for grain selection.
- Sour is the flavour to add into your foods to bring energy inward. Lemons, limes, apple cider vinegar, sauerkraut, olives, pickles, sough dough and rose hip tea.
- Bring in more cooked foods in autumn, with a side salad.
2. Honour Your Love
Have a photo of your loved one that has passed. Daily light a candle for them remembering and honouring the love that never dies. By honouring them you feel the bonds and love that can never been broken. Honour the love and allow your heart to receive.
3. Cleanse Your Aura
Bath in Himalayan salt 1 cup, with 1/2 cup of epsom salts. Add your favourite essential oils and crystals. This is a way of cleansing and purifying your energetic body. As you lay in the bath take deep long breaths into your lower belly and release feelings of sadness. Allow the soothing energy of water to calm and clear your body, mind and spirit. Add oils such as frankincense, lemon, or orange.
4. Letting Go Ritual
Write down on a piece of paper what you’re wanting or needing to release in yourself and life, for example, doubt, fear, anger, worry, grief, heartache, hurt etc. Write them separately on a piece of paper, fold each piece of paper and put it into a bowl. Take it outside and burn the paper. Offer it up to the universe/god/source energy. Have a clear intention of giving over and feeling the release in your body.
5. Being in Nature
Even as the weather becomes cooler its important for our balance and vitality to have time outside in fresh air. Being inside with artificial heating congest our Qi. Put more warm clothes on inside and keep the heater lower. Rug up and go outside to breath in nature. It is recommend being outside for minimum 20 minutes a day.